Glen Eagle Investor Insights
Clean Energy, Muddy Results
November 13, 2023
Enjoy this week's "Investor Insights," a weekly newsletter highlighting the financial news you need and providing tips and tricks to help you make better investment decisions.
- The clean-energy sector is experiencing a multi-billion-dollar loss this year. Delays, project cancellations, and a decrease in solar panel purchases have led to a 32% decline in the Invesco Clean Energy ETF this year, with 76 out of 77 stocks in the fund dropping. 1
- Research from the past 50 years shows that small-caps and growth stocks outperform when interest rates stop rising, with average annualized gains of over 26% during the first half of rate plateaus, compared to 21.4% for the overall market. *2
- Higher interest rates are starting to impact the way people buy cars. Only 22% of people chose to lease their car in October (down from 30% three years ago). The average interest rate on a new car loan was 7.6% and 11.6% for a used car loan. 3
- Even after the Supreme Court rejected his $400 billion forgiveness plan, President Biden has continued to focus on the issue. Recent changes to existing loan programs have led to over $127 billion in debt (belonging to over 3.6 million people) being forgiven. 4
- Barrons - "Clean-Energy Stocks Have Collapsed. What Comes Next."
- WSJ - "If Interest Rates Are Peaking, What Investments Are Likely to Do Best?"
- WSJ - "Should You Get a Lease or a Car Loan?"
- Bloomberg - "Biden Has Wiped Away $127 Billion in Student Loan Debt"
*Past performance is not indicative of future performance
Disclosure: This information is furnished for the use of Glen Eagle Advisors, LLC, Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC, and their clients and/or contacts. It does not constitute the provision of investment advice to any person. It is not prepared with respect to the specific objectives, financial situation, or particular needs of any specific person. Investors reading this commentary should consult with their Glen Eagle representative/financial advisor regarding the appropriateness of investing in any securities or adapting any investment strategies discussed or recommended in this newsletter.
Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC is a member of FINRA, MSRB and SIPC
Glen Eagle Advisors, LLC is a SEC Registered Investment Advisor
#GlenEagle #InvestorInsights #Newsletter #stockmarket