Glen Eagle®: America’s Women-Owned Trading Desk®
- The clean-energy sector is experiencing a multi-billion-dollar loss this year. Delays, project cancellations, and a decrease in solar panel purchases have led to a 32% decline in the Invesco Clean Energy ETF this year, with 76 out of 77 stocks in the fund dropping. 1
- Research from the past 50 years shows that small-caps and growth stocks outperform when interest rates stop rising, with average annualized gains of over 26% during the first half of rate plateaus, compared to 21.4% for the overall market. *2
- Higher interest rates are starting to impact the way people buy cars. Only 22% of people chose to lease their car in October (down from 30% three years ago). The average interest rate on a new car loan was 7.6% and 11.6% for a used car loan. 3
- Even after the Supreme Court rejected his $400 billion forgiveness plan, President Biden has continued to focus on the issue. Recent changes to existing loan programs have led to over $127 billion in debt (belonging to over 3.6 million people) being forgiven. 4
- Barrons- "Clean-Energy Stocks Have Collapsed. What Comes Next."
- WSJ - "If Interest Rates Are Peaking, What Investments Are Likely to Do Best?"
- WSJ - "Should You Get a Lease or a Car Loan?"
- Bloomberg- "Biden Has Wiped Away $127 Billion in Student Loan Debt"
*Past performance is not indicative of future performance
Client Focused Trading® for large institutions, pensions, hedge funds, wealthy families, and private equity for over 30 years.
Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC is a member FINRA and SIPC
This desk commentary is for informational purposes only
Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC, 4422C Route 27, PO Box 399, Kingston, NJ 08528
Glen Eagle Wealth | www.gleneagleadv.com
#MarketMoment #GlenEagleTrading #StockMarket #Newsletter #GlenEagle