Last 100 Days
October 2, 2023
Enjoy this week's "Investor Insights," a weekly newsletter highlighting the financial news you need and providing tips and tricks to help you make better investment decisions.
- With less than 100 days left in 2023, the market is entering a historically strong period. Since 1945, the S&P 500 has averaged a 4.1% gain during the last 100 days of the year, with positive returns 77% of the time. *1
- Nearly half of US adults are now open to signing prenups, an 8% increase from the previous year. This is particularly true among younger generations. 41% of Gen Z and 47% of millennials who are engaged or have been married reported that they had entered a prenup. 2
- Mortgage rates reached their highest point in almost 23 years, with the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate hitting 7.31% this week. This is the highest rate since December 2000. 3
- Fewer than 30 stocks in the S&P 500 now offer a higher dividend yield than the 6-month Treasury bill. This is a shift compared to 2021 before interest rates began to rise, when 379 index constituents had higher yields than the Treasury bill. 4
- MFS - "Beyond the News"
- CDC/NCHS National Vital Statistics System - "Marriage Rates Rebound From 2020 Slump, Following Decades of Decline"
- Barrons - "No Relief in Sight: Mortgage Rates Hit Highest Level Since 2000"
- WSJ - "A New Interest-Rate Regime Has Begun. These Are the Market’s Winners and Losers."
*Past performance is not indicative of future performance
Disclosure: This information is furnished for the use of Glen Eagle Advisors, LLC, Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC, and their clients and/or contacts. It does not constitute the provision of investment advice to any person. It is not prepared with respect to the specific objectives, financial situation, or particular needs of any specific person. Investors reading this commentary should consult with their Glen Eagle representative/financial advisor regarding the appropriateness of investing in any securities or adapting any investment strategies discussed or recommended in this newsletter.
Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC is a member of FINRA, MSRB and SIPC
Glen Eagle Advisors, LLC is a SEC Registered Investment Advisor
Glen Eagle, 4422C Route 27, Kingston, NJ 08528
#GlenEagle #InvestorInsights #Newsletter #StockMarket #Updates