Glen Eagle®: America’s Women-Owned Trading Desk®
- With less than 100 days left in 2023, the market is entering a historically strong period. Since 1945, the S&P 500 has averaged a 4.1% gain during the last 100 days of the year, with positive returns 77% of the time. *1
- Nearly half of US adults are now open to signing prenups, an 8% increase from the previous year. This is particularly true among younger generations. 41% of Gen Z and 47% of millennials who are engaged or have been married reported that they had entered a prenup. 2
- Mortgage rates reached their highest point in almost 23 years, with the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate hitting 7.31% this week. This is the highest rate since December 2000. 3
- Fewer than 30 stocks in the S&P 500 now offer a higher dividend yield than the 6-month Treasury bill. This is a shift compared to 2021 before interest rates began to rise, when 379 index constituents had higher yields than the Treasury bill. 4
- MFS - "Beyond the News"
- CDC/NCHS National Vital Statistics System- "Marriage Rates Rebound From 2020 Slump, Following Decades of Decline"
- Barrons - "No Relief in Sight: Mortgage Rates Hit Highest Level Since 2000"
- WSJ - "A New Interest-Rate Regime Has Begun. These Are the Market’s Winners and Losers."
*Past performance is not indicative of future performance
Client Focused Trading® for large institutions, pensions, hedge funds, wealthy families, and private equity for over 30 years.
Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC is a member FINRA and SIPC
This desk commentary is for informational purposes only
Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC | 4422C Route 27, PO Box 399, Kingston, NJ 08528-0399