Israel and Oil
October 9, 2023
Enjoy this week's "Investor Insights," a weekly newsletter highlighting the financial news you need and providing tips and tricks to help you make better investment decisions.
- Historically, Bull markets are much stronger than Bear markets. Bear markets last about 10 months and lead to a 36% stock market drop. Bull markets, however, typically last around 2.7 years, with an average gain of 112%, occurring 78% of the time in the past 91 years. *1
- In Duke University's CFO survey, 40% of CFOs reduced spending due to interest rates, with additional reasons including economic uncertainty (52.2%), weak demand (41.4%), and hiring difficulties (33.0%). 2
- A Federal Reserve study reveals that most Americans outside the wealthiest 20% now have less cash than when the pandemic started. Bank deposits and liquid assets for the bottom 80% were lower in June 2023 compared to March 2020, adjusted for inflation. 3
- The conflict in Israel will likely lead to tighter enforcement of oil sanctions on Iran. Recently, the US has turned a blind eye to Iran’s increased oil output, which rose by nearly 700,000 barrels daily in 2023. Tightening the sanctions again could now push oil prices beyond $100 per barrel. 4
- Advisorpedia - "How To Talk to Clients About Market Volatility"
- Bespoke Daily- "The Stat Sheet"
- Bloomberg - "Only Richest 20% of Americans Still Have Excess Pandemic Savings"
- Bloomberg - "For Oil, It’s Not 1973 Again – But It Could Still Turn Ugly"
*Past performance is not indicative of future performance
Disclosure: This information is furnished for the use of Glen Eagle Advisors, LLC, Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC, and their clients and/or contacts. It does not constitute the provision of investment advice to any person. It is not prepared with respect to the specific objectives, financial situation, or particular needs of any specific person. Investors reading this commentary should consult with their Glen Eagle representative/financial advisor regarding the appropriateness of investing in any securities or adapting any investment strategies discussed or recommended in this newsletter.
Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC is a member of FINRA, MSRB and SIPC
Glen Eagle Advisors, LLC is a SEC Registered Investment Advisor
#GlenEagle #InvestorInsights #Newsletter #StockMarket #Investing
Glen Eagle Advisors | 4422C Route 27, PO Box 399, Kingston, NJ 08528-0399