Glen Eagle®: America’s Women-Owned Trading Desk®
- In 2023, the 7 largest S&P 500 stocks have surged over 50%, while the other 493 stocks have remained mostly flat. Buying the S&P 500 today means investing heavily in these top companies, comprising 34% of the index. 1
- As of June, 24% of office space in 18 major Chinese cities sat vacant. This is a worse situation than in the U.S., where office vacancy rates reached a 30-year high of 18.2% in June. 2
- Small-cap and industrial stocks in the U.S. are declining, often a sign of an impending recession. The S&P 500 Industrials Index has dropped around 8% since its peak and the Russell 2000 Index has fallen over 11% from its July 31st high. 3
- U.S. spending on medications is up 16% since 2016. New obesity medications have helped to drive the total U.S. prescription expenditures up from 520 billion in 2016 to 603 billion in 2021. 4
- Apollo- "S&P493 is Basically Flat this Year"
- WSJ- "Thought the U.S. Office Market Was Bad? Try China"
- Barrons - "Stocks Flash Recession Warning as Trouble Spreads to Industrials"
- Barrons - "How Ozempic and Wegovy Could Break the Healthcare System"
*Past performance is not indicative of future performance
Client Focused Trading® for large institutions, pensions, hedge funds, wealthy families, and private equity for over 30 years.
Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC is a member FINRA and SIPC
This desk commentary is for informational purposes only
Glen Eagle Wealth, LLC
4422C Route 27
PO Box 399
Kingston, NJ 08528
Glen Eagle Wealth | www.gleneagleadv.com